The Zoom H2 Recorder
Average User Rating:
Read the reviews here
The Zoom H2 Handy Recorder is an easy to use, portable recording device with recording quality that is quite unique for both its size and price. Its contains a total of 4 internal microphones, capable of 360 degree recording in high-definition stereo sound.
The unit has a wide range of applications that include; recording business conferences, class-room seminars, music performances, and podcasting. However, it is really up to your imagination what its limits are.
If you hear a sound that pleasingly pounds on your ear drum, the Zoom H2 Recorder can instantly capture that sound in the moment.
Let's have a look at some of the features:
- Contains four internal microphones, making it capable of capturing 360 degrees of sound.
- USB 2.0 port is built-in for quick and easy for data transfer.
- Mac & PC compatible
- Included 512mb SD media card for saving the recorded sounds internally.
- Maximum card size is 16gig SD card, allowing a total of 24hours of recording time in 16-bit mode
- Record directly to the SD card or record on to your computer via the USB connection.
- Records in MP3 format up to 320kbps qualit and WAV format at 96kHz, 48kHz, and 44.1kHz at 16-bit quality or 24-bit quality.
- 1/8" stereo output so you can easily monitor the sound your recording with headphones.
Here's a good in-depth review of the Zoom H2 recorder
Pros vs Cons:
- Great size and portability, fits right in a coat pocket / Not exactly fashionable like a sleek ipod (but who really cares?)
- Runs off of two AA batteries, which being batteries, eventually out but it also takes a power wall adapter.
- The recording quality is fantastic but the viewing screen is a little small.
- Recorded files get stored conveniently on the 512mb SD card. This can fill up if you record a lot but you can also upgrade to a 16gig SD card.
- Easy USB transfer of recorded files to PC and it can even be powered via USB when plugged into your computer.
- Comes with a variety of recording modes for professional quality.
- Sound files can be converted into other formats directly in the device, rather than converting them on the computer.
- The menu screen is not that necessary but does come in handy on occasion.
Who is this product for?
As previously stated, the Zoom H2 Recorder is a great recording solution for all different types of people. Musicians may use it to record their live performances or their practice sessions to evaluate what they need to work on. College students may use it to record long lectures that they might otherwise forget. It is also very practical to have during business meetings or seminars.
Why should you buy this product?
People looking for a quick and easy, yet professional quality recording solution could seriously benefit from the Zoom H2. The majority of users report that it records high quality sound, has a slim form factor that makes it very portable, and it quickly integrates with your computer for recording or data transfer.
Also, If you are a creative person and constantly have ideas at strangest moments, like when your driving or just before you fall asleep, the Zoom Recorder could be a great companion for quickly capturing your ideas for the next great invention or novel.
What Have People Been Saying About The Zoom H2?
"Zoom have produced an awesome recorder here. I really love it but I just wish it had a slow-down function so that I could transcribe stuff."
by Lyndsey (Rewritten for uniqueness. Read the full review here)
"The recording quality and clearness is amazing. I have a computer with a Creative Labs sound card and this recorder is way better than that."
by Stan (Rewritten for uniqueness. Read the full review here)